- Open Outlook 2007. Under Tools, select Account Settings.
- Select Add (or New), then for type of account, choose POP3.
- If the option is there, choose to Manually configure server settings and click the Nextbutton.Enter the following information:
- User Information: Enter the user’s first and last name, and also their new email address
- Account Type: Should be set to POP3
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.identifex.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: mail.identifex.com
- Login Information: The Username is their FULL EMAIL ADDRESS,
and the password is specific to the user
- Hit the More Settings (or Advanced Settings) button and choose the Outgoing Server tab. You will need to select My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication. Make sure that the option to Use same settings as my incoming mail serveris selected.
- Switch to the Advanced tab, and change the Outgoing server port to 587.
- Under delivery, you can choose to keep a copy of your messages on the server and for how long. You can use this option if you need to access those
emails from webmail, another email client, or perhaps your smart phone. However, it is recommended to use the IMAP protocol for this purpose
instead. It does a much better job of “syncing” your mail to all of your devices.
- Click OK and close out the accounts window.Test the email account by sending an email to that address.